Can I leave a cat on vacation? Specialist answers!
In the holiday season, many are interested in what to do with a pet? Is it possible to leave a cat alone at home on vacation? How many days can you leave a cat alone without harming it?
The answers to all these questions depend on the individual characteristics of the cat and the degree of affection for you. On average, it is considered that a cat can live alone at home for three days. Three days alone will pass without prejudice to the cat.
How to leave a cat alone at home?
To leave the cat alone at home, it is necessary to provide for a number of things.
- Unlimited access to water. It is better to put a few bowls so that there is probably enough water.
- Free access to food. Feed should be in sufficient quantities, you can even a little in excess. It’s better to leave dry food rather than perishable foods. On sale there are automatic feeders with a timer, which give out food on time. These feeders are sold for both food and water.
- Clean tray with filler. If the cat does not go to the filler, then you need to leave several trays. It is better to remove all the rugs and shoes from the corridor so that upon return you will not find a surprise in them.
- Do not forget about the fun: leave the cat as many toys and claws as possible. You can tie a home-made toy to the table, consisting of a rope and a bell or rustling paper. Also, do not forget about the feline addiction to all kinds of boxes and be sure to take advantage of this, leave a couple of boxes in different parts of the house.
- The main rule is SAFETY. We close all the windows, even airing: the cat may try to get out and get stuck there. We remove all the dishes from the tables. We hide bags in inaccessible places: cats like to crawl into them, and entangled in them, the pet may die. Electrical appliances must be turned off from outlets, small ones should be hidden in cabinets.
- Be sure to leave the thing you wore to the cat: it is important for the cat to smell your smell.
How many days can I leave the cat alone?
- 1 day an adult cat may not even notice your absence. For a kitten, this is the maximum period of loneliness.
- 3 days. Subject to all the above rules, the cat will calmly live this time alone.
- Week 1. Leaving a cat alone for such a period is dangerous. But if there is such a need, enlist the help of friends who will come at least 1 time in 1 - 2 days, give the cat food and spend a little time with it.
- 1 month. Strongly not recommended to leave the cat alone for such a long time! It is very dangerous. Not a single living creature can live alone for a month alone.